Orchard Garden Grand Opening
Join the Gardens from Garbage crew at the Westside Orchard Garden Grand Opening on Saturday, May 25th from 10 - 1.
- Gardening & composting demonstrations, kids activities, local vendors, great displays.........
- 410 16th St. SW ~ click HERE for a map.
- We have over 100 trees remaining for sale - the proceeds will support continued development of the Garden. Click HERE for a list of trees and prices. The development of the Westside Orchard Garden is top priority this spring. Volunteer opportunities are many - see the Orchard Garden tab for details, and also check the calendar for work days.
The summer and fall harvest from the Garden will benefit local pantries and kitchens in Great Falls. Join us this summer in making the Garden a wonderful place to "grow". Your talents, ideas, and help are welcomed
What can YOU do to further sustainability in your community? Start with 1 of these:
1. Grow something you can eat.
2. Eat what someone has grown locally.
3. Join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
4. Help a neighbor start a garden.
5. Compost in a bucket or in your backyard.
6. Shop at your local Farmer's Market - and ask if they GROW their own product.
7. Join a Community Garden.
8. Volunteer to help with a school garden or get one started at your child's school.
9. Ask "what's locally grown ?" at your grocery store and when you go out to dinner.
10. Join Gardens from Garbage as a member and support our projects with your volunteer hours and dollars.
11. And my favorite - BUY A CITY LOT AND PLANT AN ORCHARD